Yet another news article came across my computer screen this morning with respect to planned lay-offs due to the already enacted portions of the Affordable Health Care Act and the quickly approaching full enactment of the law/tax (I put ‘tax’ there referencing the Supreme Court Decision last summer).
My frustration is this. This article is not the first one I’ve read about companies that are planning large percentage lay-offs, cuts in employee’s weekly hours, product price increases, etc. CLICK HERE FOR A SHORT LIST of companies already coming forward with their plans and reasons for their changes. Keep in mind, this list is a tad old.
Has anyone heard a logical explanation from those who voted “yes” as to why this is happening? Has anyone heard the current administration in the White House, executive branch, talk about whether they expected this…planned for this…have stop-gaps for this?
I ask because I haven’t. I’ve heard people searching for words that seem soothing to ears but explain no truth. When will a reporter or a news service keep pressing questions about this until they’ve heard a truthful explanation?
Have you heard explanations that make sense?
Here’s the article that caught my eye this morning (click here). Regal Cinemas are planning new cuts due to….wait for it…Obamacare. Tada!
Yes, some of these questions may seem lame, but NO ONE is asking simple things like this. I shouldn’t use blanket statements like that…but it certainly does seem that NO ONE is asking questions, and follow-ups, that leads to nailed down answers. Here is my running list of questions to our president’s Saturday address.
WATCH THE PRESIDENT’S ADDRESS HERE!
- Sir, are you just for the middle class? Or are you for the all Americans, rich and poor?
- Businesses created 95,000 last month. That’s the size of Davenport, Iowa.
- Across the board cuts…Sir, would the payroll tax increase which happened at the first of the year have any cause in these sluggish numbers? Sir, would the rising fear of what Obamacare is going to cost businesses have anything to do with these numbers as well?
- Why do you and your administration always say the term “middle class,” as in your endeavor to create “middle class” jobs. Why do you refer to everyday Americans in classes rather than just Americans?
- “…deficits are already shrinking. That’s a fact.” Sir, you said this, but I haven’t noticed that National Debt Clock moving backwards. In my house, when a deficit shrinks, I notice that my “balance owed” gets smaller. What numbers do site as “fact” when making this claim?
- What are you and y our administration doing to help create jobs for lower class? It seems that you’re just focused on the middle class.
- When you say “hard work leads to a decent living,” what are your definitions for “decent?